I’ve definitely found the several generators I’ve owned over the years really handy. Sump pump to keep basement from flooding and furnace to keep house warm not to mention a few lights running and frig’s going. Not enough to power for AC or baking bread in oven
- Don’t wait until the lights go out
- Gasoline-powered portable generators easy to use
How frequently do you experience a power outage?
- Most outages usually last only three hours
- Is your home habitable without power?
identify the lights, electronics and appliances you want to run and the watts they consume
- extension cords running from a generator can power anything that plugs into a wall socket
- hard-wired appliances you’ll need to have a a manual transfer switch
No portable generator can power an entire house
- for that you’ll need a home standby or whole-house generator
Models come with either a recoil handle electric “push-button” start
- one or more outlets to plug in extension cords
- needs to be at least 20 feet away from your home when running because it produces carbon monoxide (and potentially noisy)